Due to continued growth, we are looking to recruit a full time Admin Assistant/Secretary, to join us at our offices in Old Swan, Liverpool, with a view to relocating to our Frodsham Offices within the next 12 to 18 months.
The successful candidate must have at least 3 years’ administration and secretarial experience, preferably within the legal sector, be highly organised, efficient and professional, with excellent communication skills and working knowledge of case management systems, Microsoft Office and digital dictation software.
You will be self-motivated, with the ability to work to deadlines, be able to work on own initiative but more importantly, be able to work well within a small closeknit team. You will also need to have a keen eye for detail and work well under pressure and be respectful, courteous and professional at all times. Excellent time keeping is a must and a willingness to learn.
You will be supporting 3 fee earners, within our Litigation Department and Wills & Probate Department, as well as dealing with day-to-day general administration and assisting the Office Manager.
This is a varied and busy role and there is always something going on. We have an open door policy and we work together to create a happy working environment and relationship with our colleagues.
Key Responsibilities will include:-
- Answering a busy switchboard
- Dealing with enquiries and clients, taking messages and assisting callers
- Opening and closing of files
- Assisting 3 fee earners
- Assisting the Office Manager
- Liaising with courts, clients, Barristers and other third parties
- Liaising with fee earners, in order to update Court diary, clients, produce letters & emails
- Creating letters and emails
- Drafting legal documents
- Responsible for keeping the main Court diary updated
- Providing a weekly work list for fee earners, including upcoming court hearings etc
- Arranging meetings via Teams, Zoom and in person.
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post, taking mail to post office
- Scanning and data input.
- Assisting both departments in administration, opening and closing of files, chasing third parties, courts, chasing clients for responses, payments, drafting letters, collation of hearing bundles using our online bundling system
- Some audio typing
- Other general day to day office administration
Starting Salary is £22,000 per annum
20 days holiday per annum (rising to 25 after 12 months) plus bank holidays
Training and development
Onsite food available
Eye Tests every 2 years
Applicants must provide a covering letter with their CV